Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More gumdrop memories....

Tomorrow is my IUI


Sent: 3/9/2004 1:20 PM
Our appointment is at 10 am tomorrow morning. Dh had to get someone to cover his meeting at his new job, so I am sure we do not want him to have to do that again!! Plus, we have to go in again on Thursday morning for another IUI. This has been such a pain in the butt cycle for me with having to find a new RE, only finding one that would take me on short notice 70+ miles away (today was my 3rd trip there! We are going through gas like crazy!), we still do not have our insurance taken care of, so everything so far has been charged to the credit card (which will be HUGE this month with all of our moving expenses!) and then to top it all off, I had to drive all over the place this morning trying to find a pharmacy that had the HCG shot in stock! Why is everything always such a chore for me?? Nothing ever comes easy. So, any babydust you can spare would be greatly appreciated!!!


Nicholas is marching in his first parade today

Sent: 3/13/2004 10:40 AM
Today is the St. Patrick's Day parade here in Springfield and dh is taking Nicholas to march in the parade for our friend who is running for the US Senate here in Illinois (the primary is on Tuesday, wish him luck!!). He will be riding in dh's backpack. Hopefully we will get some great pics that I will be able to post. We have him in some stuff we bought for him in Ireland before he was born, it is all huge on him, but so cute!


Nicholas is getting his top teeth!

Sent: 4/4/2004 1:35 PM
He has had the bottom 2 teeth for 2 1/2 months and then nothing else came in. I just noticed that he has a little white spot poking through on him top gum. He has not been difficult at all though. The only thing I have noticed is that he wanted nothing to do with his solid food for the past 3 days and only wanted a bottle. He has a bit of a runny nose too. Other than that, he is not grumpy at all!

Nicholas is 9 months old today!

Sent: 4/6/2004 4:46 PM
My baby is growing up !! Poor little guy has one tooth on top and has 2 on the bottom. He is looking like my dad's toothless relatives from Arkansas!


Felt sick in the shower today

Sent: 4/12/2004 9:59 PM
I cannot test until Friday, exactly 2 wks after my IUI, but I am hoping this was a sign!! Can I get some more of that babydust from you guys??

Not feeling optimistic

Sent: 4/15/2004 10:03 AM
I can test tomorrow, but I am starting to think why waste the test? I do not feel pg at all. I have a headache, but nothing else that would tell me I am pg or that AF is on her way either. With Nicholas, I could tell about 2 days before I was able to test. I KNEW I was pg and taking the test was just a formality. Poo. I get 1 more IUI (my 4th) and then we go on to IVF if needed. POO, POO, POO! We are going to take a walk to get my mind off of it.


Nicholas climbed all 16 stairs to get to the top tonight

Sent: 4/15/2004 11:03 PM
Dh was behind him the whole way, but that little guy was so determined and he made it all the way up the stairs in no time. he never stopped for a rest or to look up to see how much more there was to climb. he is 9 months old!! he had been climbing the 2 stairs to get out of the playroom for about a month and a half, but this was way more. He had his 9 month appt. today and the dr. was very impressed with his walking ability. She said she had five 9 month olds in today and non of them were pulling themselves up and standing yet. Nicholas has been doing that for over a month! He has been walking with the help of furniture for almost a month too. We are so proud!! Our little genius has also become very good at slam dunking his basketball on his LeapFrog Learning Hoops toy. He gets so excited when he does it too.


Nicholas walked today!

Sent: 4/21/2004 2:21 PM
Well, I should say he ran today! He has been walking around, hanging onto furniture for over a month now, so we knew it was coming. He also started to walk by hanging onto his toys and walking and pushing them across the floor. Today, he let go of his walker toy and just kept going. he went so fast! He went for about 5 steps or so and then plopped down on his butt, but he was so proud of himself. He had the hugest smile! I am hoping that he will do it again when he wakes up from his nap so I can videotape it. I hope he does it for dh too! My little boy is not a baby anymore.

My poor boy is getting 3 teeth at once

Sent: 4/22/2004 12:01 PM
Teething wasn't bad for the first 3 teeth. We did not even know he was teething until the teeth showed up. He has had 2 teeth on the bottom for 3 months and 1 tooth on top for almost a month. Now he is getting his other top tooth and 2 more on the bottom. Poor little guy keeps grabbing at his ears and face. He has not been really grumpy, but has been a little more vocal than normal. He will not let me put anything on his gums and I have been giving him baby tylenol and cold bottles and a cold teether. Any other good tricks?


When to call the dr.?

Sent: 4/25/2004 10:37 PM
As most of you know, Nicholas has been a bad eater from day 1. He even ended up in the hospital at 10 days old for 4 days because he was dehydrated and projectile vomiting. It has always been a struggle to get him to eat, though he did have relux, he had outgrown that by about 4 months old.

Well, a baby his age is supposed to have like 750 calories a day or something like that. I have been lucky to get 500ish calories in him the past few days. He does not want to eat anything but his bottle. He is teething, so that might be why, I do not know. But last night, he finished half of his 8 oz bottle (the only time I can get him to take more than 4 oz. is his last bottle of the night) and he threw up all over himself and me. Today, we were in the car and he threw up everything (including the egg yolks he had this morning---GROSS!) that he had eaten up to that point. He ate a little bit of mac & cheese for lunch and a few pieces of a banana, but then was too tired and I gave in and gave him his bottle. He had bottles the rest of the day today. Tonight, he again threw up after his 8 oz. bottle.

I really do not want to go through the hell of having a dehydrated baby again! But, other than the throwing up, he does not have a fever, has wet and poopy diapers and is very cheerful and his same mobile, happy self.

So, should I take him to the dr.? I think I will see if he throws up tomorrow, and if he does, I will call. I just hope I am not waiting too long.

And most people have to worry about their babies eating too much. I would welcome that!


My 4th and final IUI is in the morning

Sent: 4/25/2004 10:40 PM
Wish me luck! If this one does not work, we will then have to go on to IVF. Please, send me as much babydust as you can spare! THANKS


Nicholas had his first music class yesterday

Sent: 4/29/2004 2:04 PM
He had a blast! It was all babies 6-15 months and they were just crawling everywhere. All the mommies (and the one daddy) just take care of which ever baby crawls up to them. It is one big family. There was one woman there with identical twin girls, so she had her hands full, but we all helped her out. The babies were just all over each other and Nicholas loved it! I can't wait to go back next week. I am so happy our neighbor told me about it. Now, I am getting to know even more mommies around here and Nicholas is becoming quite the social butterfly. I have signed him up to continue with them through the summer.

No comments: